The Desk of The Desk of Death Battle - Doctor Strange Screws Humanity - Writer & Editor Notes
- It's been a little while since I've had the chance to write a Desk of. I've missed it!
- The way this episode came about was actually pretty close to the premise of Desk of. I just remember when Sean was writing Doctor Strange VS Doctor Fate and how he kept coming across all of these crazy comics. So I just picked his brain and then came across this comic run (The Oath, 2007) Just like Joceyln!
- I'm really happy my "soft taco chalupa crunchwrap sorcerer supreme" joke stayed in the final script. It's just so stupid.
- In the actual comic the story is told non-linearly. So there was a lot of discussion on how to layout the events and a lot of reshuffling. At the end of the day we picked the easiest way to tell the story quickly because our goal isn't to summarize the comic, we want to make fun of it as much as possible.
- For that reason I left out some pretty crazy stuff from the comic like how Strange fights a crazy monster to get the potion or how Strange went inside Brigard's mind and eventually locked in him inside his own brain. WEIRD STUFF.
- The thing that drove me nuts is all of the brief explanations of why magic can't heal Wong. It apparently has limitations except that Strange finds a magic potion that can cure every disease known to man. OKAY.
- Also the Nicodemus West stuff is so ridiculous.
- I wish there was a camera on me when I wrote the "These two are two peas in a pod...or two rabbits in a hat...with a bat...and a six four Impala." line. I was trying to think of a way to compare Strange to West and the rest of the line just poured out of me with such glee. ALSO I HAVEN'T STOPPED SINGING I WISH BY SKEE-LO FOR WEEKS YOU CAN ASK MY WIFE.
- I'm not even going to start on the Magic Nazi Hitler Gun